The Importance of Online Curb Appeal
Over the past 20 years, buying habits have been steadily changing. In the past year with the Covid-19 pandemic, that transformation in purchase habits have been kicked into overdrive. It was about 10 years ago that people found themselves purchasing online what they had already investigated and held in their hands physically at a brick and mortar retailer. That trend has now moved from buying more stuff online to even “window shopping” virtually by checking out all the available options from our smartphones. And since couples are now more likely to meet a romantic partner online than through personal contacts and connections, it goes without saying that your house needs to have an attractive online profile.
Online real estate sales have increased by 30% in the past 10 years and just like a dating site, the number one reason people click on a home for sale is because of it has a hot photograph of a good looking exterior and interior. Here are 5 cost effective ways to improve your online curb appeal for your home and real estate:
1. Most importantly, invest in professional photography. This should only cost you between $150 and $300 and can increase your sales price significantly.
2. Paint your front door. This can be just the eye-catching touch that will cause people to click on your profile.
3. Clean up and add to your landscaping. You wouldn’t add a dating profile pic with your hair in a mess so don’t do it with your home!
4. Pressure wash your home, driveways and walkways. We can become so used to the slight dinginess of our own homes that we’ve forgotten what’s under that dust and grime.
5. Do a mailbox makeover. Something as simple as a cute mailbox can be the hook that opens the online door to your home to the next potential buyer.Here are some products that may help with your home improvement projects: